Tuesday 14 July 2015

Graduate bags life-changing Canadian scholarship



UCLan Sports Therapy graduate Sheena Davis has boosted her future career prospects after securing a prestigious internship opportunity in Canada.

Sheena's efforts on her course have resulted in her being awarded The Society of Sports Therapists Student Travelling Scholarship 2015.

She will spend a month with the superb Athletic Therapy team at the University of Windsor, followed by a further two weeks of unmissable trips, taking in another top sports clinic and some of Canada's leading sports teams.

This will include shadowing the sports therapy team at Windsor Spitfires Ice Hockey Club and visiting the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball organisation.

Sheena commented: "The interview was difficult but I felt well prepared as I pretty much over prepare for anything important - working hard has always been my forte.

"When I first joined UCLan I wasn't even sure whether Sports Therapy was the course for me. I feel I've grown in confidence throughout my time at the university and it has definitely helped me develop as a Sports Therapist.

"The lecturers have supported me throughout, giving me numerous opportunities to develop and learn on placements and massage events. I'd like to thank everyone who taught me as I've learned so much from each of them."

Professor Graham Smith, Chairman of The Society of Sports Therapists, added: "Sheena's interview was outstanding and the decision to select her was unanimous. She was a credit to UCLan and the Sports Therapy programme."

1 comment:

  1. Being on the course with Sheena for the past 3 years qualifies me to agree that she more than deserves this amazing opportunity. Shes hard working, compassionate and most of all a good friend. I can't think or a more deserving person! Wishing you all the luck in the world out there Sheena.

    ReplyDelete