Friday 15 April 2016

First Year BSc (hons) Sports Therapy Student Employed By His Placement



First Year Student – Callum Bloys. Started doing pitch side first aid on his Sports Therapy placement, but was then asked to support in fitness screening, testing and warm-up drills as a member of staff. 

Callum explained “The first step I took to getting the job was applying to an email sent out by the course leader for an opportunity for work placement. The placement is at Corpus Christi High school working for a company called Total Soccer Centre. The organisation is a Bridgeway coaching opportunity to move young football players on from grassroots to academies if they have the potential. Various different coaches from professional clubs are involved to help with the development of the youngsters. Initially the placement was only focussed on first aid. However as weeks went on I managed to progress my skills in leading sport specific warm ups, fitness screening, SAQ tests and researching strength and conditioning aspects. I’ve managed to build a good relationship with the coaches and players at the training centre and I do my best to improve my knowledge and apply myself as often as possible.
I have now been offered this role as a paid job and hopefully this will help me progress throughout the remainder of my degree and thereafter.”

We would like to congratulate Callum on his great success in his recent employment at Total Soccer Centre.What a fantastic achievement for a first year undergraduate!


No comments:

Post a Comment