Wednesday 8 March 2017

Sports Therapy and Strength&Conditioning join forces ! #multidisciplinaryteam


Bobbie Butters – UCLan Student, Year 3 BSc (Hons) Strength and Conditioning

Bobbie is currently a 3rd year student studying BSc (Hons) Strength and Conditioning at UCLan. Bobbie already had a passion for powerlifting before she began her course at UCLan and describes the facilities the university offers for this as one of the main reasons she chose to study at UCLan. Students and staff in the UCLan injury clinic have aided Bobbie’s passion by treating her for injuries throughout her time at university.

In a recent interview with Bobbie, she explained her story at UCLan through her progression as an athlete and student -  

“Throughout my first year of university here at UCLan, I was recovering from chronic fatigue syndrome accompanied by chronic tightness throughout my body where postural deformities became evident. When I was doing the Olympic weightlifting I was doing a lot of the rehab myself but the university clinic has been a massive help in getting me back to being able to lift efficiently and in much less pain. To this day, the treatment I am getting is of a fantastic standard where the staff’s knowledge and understanding shines through their service and they are empathetic towards individual circumstances and tailor specific programmes and treatment plans as required. I cannot thank them enough for all of their support and service.”

“I have been seeing Verity in the Private on-site UCLan Physiotherapy Clinic for a number of months now, which has been excellent. Verity has also allowed the students to learn from my injuries by introducing me to the Student-Led Clinic for soft tissue treatment and injury assessment. This has allowed both the Sports Therapy students and I an opportunity to understand my injuries fully, and consider relevant treatments and management strategies moving forwards.”

“Over the past year, I have been able to start competing in powerlifting once again for GBPF so far I have competed twice where I went to the junior power lifting championships where I claimed four British records (Squat 147.5kg, Bench 85.5kg, Deadlift 165kg and total 398kg). I am now part of team GREAT BRITAIN that will hopefully lead on to the World championships in Minsh, Belarus June 2017.”

“This recovery process has been the hardest but most self-evolving experience of my life so far and now the experience has only positively influenced me as a coach, athlete and person. This solidifies that you get what you WORK HARD for, I love my sport and my choice of career path and I am willing to put in all the effort to get where I want to get to. ENJOY THE JOURNEY!

We would like to take this opportunity to wish Bobbie all the best in her up-coming events and final few months as a UCLan Student.
http://www.uclanphysioclinic.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment